Magicland Children’s Dental of Rancho Dominguez offers comprehensive dental services for kids and teens, including orthodontic care, creating a convenient and comfortable environment for families in the Rancho Dominguez, Compton, Carson, and Lakewood communities. Here are some key points about our orthodontic services:
Orthodontic Care for Kids and Teens:
- We provide quality orthodontic care for kids and teenagers, addressing a wide range of dental issues. Orthodontists primarily focus on diagnosing, preventing, and correcting issues related to the alignment and positioning of teeth and jaws. The dental problems that orthodontists commonly address include:
- Crowding: When there is not enough space in the jaw for teeth to properly align, it can result in crowding, where teeth overlap or twist out of position.
- Spacing: Conversely, some individuals may have excessive gaps or spaces between their teeth, which orthodontists can address by moving teeth closer together.
- Overbite: An overbite occurs when the upper front teeth overlap significantly with the lower front teeth when biting down.
- Underbite: An underbite is characterized by the lower front teeth extending beyond the upper front teeth when biting.
- Crossbite: A crossbite happens when the upper teeth fit inside the lower teeth when biting, which can affect both the front and back teeth.
- Open Bite: In an open bite, there is a gap between the upper and lower front teeth when the back teeth are brought together.
- Protruding Teeth: Some individuals have teeth that stick out prominently, often referred to as “buck teeth.” Orthodontists can help reposition these teeth.
- Midline Misalignment: This involves a misalignment of the centerline of the upper and lower teeth.
- Dental Aesthetics: Orthodontists also address cosmetic concerns, helping to improve the overall appearance of a patient’s smile.
Comprehensive Orthodontic Assessment:
The process of orthodontic treatment typically involves several steps, including consultation, assessment, radiographs, treatment planning, and ongoing care. Here are the general steps involved in orthodontic treatment:
- Initial Consultation: You begin by scheduling an free consultation with an orthodontist. During this appointment, you discuss your concerns, dental and medical history, and any specific issues you want to address with orthodontic treatment.
- Comprehensive Examination: The orthodontist performs a thorough examination of your teeth, jaws, and facial structure. They may also take photographs and dental impressions to create a baseline for your treatment.
- Radiographs (X-rays): Radiographs, such as panoramic X-rays or cephalometric X-rays, are often taken to provide a more detailed view of your teeth, jaws, and bone structure. This helps the orthodontist assess the underlying issues accurately.
- Diagnosis and Treatment Planning: Based on the examination and radiographic findings, the orthodontist makes a diagnosis and develops a personalized treatment plan. This plan outlines the specific orthodontic appliances or procedures needed to address your unique dental issues.
- Discussion of Treatment Options: The orthodontist discusses the recommended treatment options with you, including the type of braces (traditional metal braces, clear aligners, etc.) and the estimated duration of treatment. You have the opportunity to ask questions and provide input on your preferences.
- Treatment Initiation: Once you agree on the treatment plan, the orthodontist schedules the initiation of treatment. This may involve placing braces or providing clear aligners, depending on the chosen method.
- Regular Appointments: Throughout your treatment, you’ll have regular follow-up appointments with the orthodontist. These appointments are essential for adjustments, monitoring progress, and addressing any concerns or issues that may arise.
- Maintenance and Oral Hygiene: You will receive guidance on maintaining good oral hygiene during orthodontic treatment. It’s important to keep your teeth and braces clean to prevent dental issues.
- Progress Assessment: The orthodontist periodically assesses your progress through clinical examinations, photographs, and X-rays. Adjustments to your treatment plan may be made as needed.
- Treatment Completion: Once your orthodontist determines that your teeth and jaws are properly aligned, your braces or clear aligners are removed. You may be given retainers to wear to help maintain the results.
- Retention Phase: The retention phase is crucial for preventing relapse. You’ll continue to wear retainers as directed by your orthodontist to ensure that your teeth stay in their corrected positions.
At Magicland Children’s Dental of Rancho Dominguez, we are committed to offering a variety of orthodontic solutions, combined with their focus on involving parents and patients in treatment decisions, ensures that children and teenagers in the community have access to high-quality and personalized orthodontic care in a relaxed and comfortable environment. Book an appointment today for your free consultation ( Click Here ).
Magicland Dental of Rancho Dominguez
1633 S Alameda St, Compton, CA 90220
- Monday 9:00am – 6:00pm
- Tuesday 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Wednesday 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Thursday 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Saturday 8:00am – 4:00pm
- Sunday Closed
By clicking “SUBMIT”, I verify that this is my phone number and consent to receive phone calls and text messages regarding my dental health care needs from Magicland Dental and all of its affiliated dental practices.
Minimize physical contact and save time when you arrive by filling out our online forms below: